Affiliate Tax Information
** IMPORTANT **
- PSTEC Audio Source will hold payments to you when commissions for the calendar year are greater than or equal to $600 until we receive your tax information.
- We will hold your commissions for only one additional pay period if you have not submitted your Tax Status to us in accordance with the Deadline for Submitting Your Tax Information
- If you do not submit your Tax Status within the allotted time, you will forfeit your commissions.
SELECT YOUR TAX STATUS
Required of all affiliates when commissions for the calendar year are greater than or equal to $600
Please determine your appropriate tax status, make your selection and follow the instructions.
Affiliates will fall into one of three main tax categories:
- United States (U.S.) Business: The Affiliate is based in and pays taxes in the U.S. Click here for instructions
- Non U.S. Business (No U.S. Activities): The Affiliate’s operations related to participation in the PSTEC Affiliate Program are based entirely outside of the U.S., and the Affiliate does not pay taxes in the U.S. Click here for instructions
- Non U.S. Business with U.S. Activities: The Affiliate is based outside of the U.S., but has equipment or employees in the U.S. that are involved with Affiliate’s participation in the PSTEC Affiliate Program. Click here for instructions
U.S. affiliates are required to submit Internal Revenue Service (IRS) form W-9, for which a U.S. tax I.D. such as a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) or Social Security Number (SSN) is needed.
Visit this IRS page for the proper W-9 form that must be completed and submitted to PSTEC Audio Source either via mail or via email… http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
U.S. Activities involve having employees or owning equipment in the U.S. that are involved in any way with revenue earned through the PSTEC Affiliate Program. This includes, but is not limited to, owning a web server or owning a hosting service in the U.S., or having employees in the U.S. who are involved in either:
- setting up a web server, hosting service, or website
- developing content for your website
- marketing to create a user base for your site
- telephone support for your site
- buying products for your site
- maintaining your site
Generally, utilizing an unrelated third-party U.S. web hosting service to host your web pages, renting web servers that are located in the U.S. from an unrelated third party, or having your payment sent to a U.S. Post Office Box or mail forwarding address, do not of themselves constitute U.S. Activities.
If you do not have U.S. Activities, please visit the following web page where you will agree to a statement to that effect. No tax forms are required in this instance… Non U.S. Business (No U.S. Activities) Declaration for PSTEC Audio Source
If your business is located outside of the United States (U.S.), but you have U.S. Activities that are involved with your participation in the PSTEC Affiliate Program, you’ll be asked to walk through steps designed to direct you to the appropriate tax form.
You’ll also need to provide a U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) as part of the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) forms. If you do not have a TIN, we suggest that you obtain one as soon as possible. Please note that the process of obtaining a TIN may take several weeks. You can visit the IRS website for more information on obtaining a U.S. TIN … http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/international/article/0,,id=96696,00.html
Visit this IRS page for the proper W8-BEN form that must be completed and submitted to PSTEC Audio Source either via mail or via email… http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8ben.pdf
Until we receive your tax information, PSTEC Audio Source will hold all payments to you, but only for one payment period.
For example, on sales made in a particular month (let’s use January in this example), the commissions will be paid on or before the 15th of the next month (February for this example). If you have not submitted your Tax Status by the commission payment date (February 15th for this example), then we will hold your commissions until you submit your Tax Status, but only until the next, scheduled commission date (March 15th in this example). If by the following commission payment date, you still have not submitted your Tax Status, then you will forfeit your commissions for that previous period (in this example, the commission earned for sales during January would be forfeited if you have not submitted your Tax Status by March 15th).
If payment is held, you’ll still be able to access your Affiliate account, refer prospect using your affiliate links, etc.
Additional Tax Resources
We’ve provided the tax information above as general guidance only. However, it is up to each Affiliate to understand and adhere to the appropriate tax rules. Any tax-related information provided by PSTEC is not intended as and should not be construed as legal, tax, or investment advice. You should always consult your tax adviser to help answer specific questions regarding how tax laws apply to you and/or your business. The tax summary we have provided is necessarily incomplete, and the tax laws and regulations are subject to change. Therefore, PSTEC does not guarantee and is not liable for the accuracy or completeness of any tax information provided, or any results or outcome as a result of the use of this information.
- To learn more about U.S. tax requirements, please visit the IRS website at http://www.irs.gov/.
- For tax advice or more technical questions about how tax laws apply to you, please consult your tax adviser.
- For general questions about submitting your tax information to PSTEC Audio Source, you can visit the Contact and Support web page and submit your question… Click here for PSTEC Contact and Support